Monday, June 17, 2013

Advance directives

No, she's not dead  :)
Yesterday my kids wanted to talk about advance directives...you know, what to do when someone is no longer capable of making their own decisions.   But it wasn't for me or my husband.  It was concerning our cat, Sacajawea, (aka Saccy)  :)  You see, the cat is 16 years old and has grown up with my younger daughters.  They wanted to make sure that she was DNR (do not resuscitate) and they wanted to make sure that they were called as soon as anything happened to her.  My husband commented that we were definitely going to have to have a funeral when it is Saccy's time.  Knowing my kids, they'll be more likely to attend the cat's funeral than a family reunion  :)

It was such an odd conversation but totally fitting my kids. 

Oh, and no, I'm not a crazy cat lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment