Friday, October 11, 2013

Peace and Quiet

Do you remember how often you wished for some peace and quiet while you were raising your children?  Or how often you dreamed of a good night's sleep? 

I got my peace and quiet but the house is too quiet now.  And even though I no longer have to get up in the night because of children waking up or stay up late, waiting for children to come home, sleep doesn't come easy.  

I wonder why it's so hard to appreciate what you have right now?  Yes, I miss the energy and even the noise of my children but I love the adults they turned out to be.  I love the grandchildren they have blessed me with.  When they visit, they bring all that energy with them and fill my home again with their laughter (and occasionally their squabbles and tears too).  I have happy memories of the past and optimistic dreams of the future.  I have a comfortable present. 

So, no more moaning about what I don't have and instead, joy about what I DO have.  Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment