Friday, June 21, 2013

Switching focus

After spending 30+ years focusing on the needs of growing children, switching my focus to building my relationship with my husband has been challenging.  I know you're not supposed to put children before marriage but with 8 children, I'll admit that they often took center stage in my life. 

Now it's just my husband and me and we are realizing that we have to actively work on putting each other first.  We are rediscovering how to relax and just have fun.  I am trying to learn how to slow down a little...I don't have to be in a hurry all the time.  We are working on projects together.  And we are finding that being grandparents is so much more fun than being parents  :) 

The empty nest years are actually a big chunk of life.   We can either become stagnant and stuck in a rut or we can work to make these years a vibrant time of living and loving.  I am choosing the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment