Sunday, June 30, 2013

Once a mom, always a mom

Before 5 stitches...
I thought my days of sitting in an emergency room waiting  with one of my children in need of stitches was over...that is, until this weekend when that's where I found myself with one of my married sons.  He had gone shooting with another son and some friends and he tried a different rifle that had much more of a kick-back than the one he previously used.  The result?  A substantial laceration above his eye. 

He stopped by to show me what a good job he did cleaning it up and bandaging it together (he's a nurse).  I took one look at it and told him we were headed to the emergency room to get him some stitches.  As I expected, he argued with me but I used my best MOM voice and said he had no option.  He was coming with me.  He actually didn't need TOO much convincing and that's how I found myself in the hospital emergency room, reliving memories of past gashes, lacerations, broken bones and other injuries that only kids can find a way to do...even 28 year old kids  :)

Once a mom, always a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment