Monday, August 26, 2013

A change in the air

Where has the time gone?  Winter drags on forever and summer is gone before I know it.  Already the leaves are starting to turn colors and there is a different feel in the air. 

There's still time to enjoy the sunshine before the rains come!
There is still so much to do before the rainy season starts.  I want to clean out the garage, weed and clean up the lavender beds, put the compost on the garden (after we're done growing for the season), move a big truck load of garden soil from the driveway to the backyard (Why did my husband order it and then just leave it?!?!?!), plant bulbs and do general outside clean up.

I'm already starting to think of projects to do once the weather turns cold and rainy.  I really want to get more organized and set up a budget that I'll actually use.  I have some sewing projects that are calling me, some painting projects and some Pinterest crafts that look interesting. 

I will miss the sunshine and flip flops but love to curl up under a soft, fleecy blanket and read a good book and listen to the rain.  I guess I can be thankful that I live in an area where we have at least two seasons...cold and wet winters and warm and sometimes wet summers.  I love the Pacific Northwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment