Friday, August 2, 2013

The realization

Five of my kids (technically 4 but one is like a part of the family) got together last night to reminisce and celebrate their sister's upcoming wedding.  I was relaxing in a comfy recliner, listening to their happy chatter when I realized how much I miss those days when they were all at home, chattering and gossiping, teasing and laughing.  With this upcoming wedding, it will truly mark my passage into the "empty nest" group.  There is some sadness and longing for the time when they were younger but also happiness and joy for the amazing adults they've become and the awesome people they picked for their spouses.  I feel truly thankful.  I guess it's possible to be happy and sad at the same time.   Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. These feelings, a smile and a tear at the same time, Pierrot-like, isn't that what we call Life (and Love) my dear?
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful post.
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete