Thursday, August 15, 2013

Better late than never

Sometimes it takes me a looooong time to learn something.  But I'm here to tell you that I succeeded in heading off a potentially explosive "argument" with my husband by keeping my mouth shut and taking the time to process the situation rationally rather than react impulsively.

My husband likes to build things.  He is very creative and inventive but sometimes his vision of how things ought to be differs from my vision.  Well, he made something very unique and creative and I think he thought I'd be pleased.  Let's just say it wasn't exactly what I pictured.  But when I thought about it, I reminded myself that he was solving a problem HIS way and what he made was going to work out fine...even though it wasn't what I would have done.  He put in a lot of time and effort to build it and I didn't need to hurt him by complaining.  It wasn't worth making an issue about.

You'd think I would have learned how to think before I speak long ago.  Oh well, better late than never  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment