Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blessings in disguise

It would be so easy to sit at home, become a crazy cat lady and read books and watch TV all day.  Thankfully, I have too much to do to indulge in such a self centered fantasy.  I realized that many of the things that keep me busy are really blessings in disguise.  Mowing the lawn and working in the garden gives me exercise, time in the sun, and the satisfaction of a job well done.  Church responsibilities give me a chance to help other people and learn new skills and talents.  My children frequently ask for advice and/or a listening ear, reminding me that I'm still needed as a mother.  My grandchildren keep me young :) .  And the list goes on and on...

My daughter MADE me go on this looooong hike.  It was totally worth it!
How thankful I am for the things in my life that encourage (force ?) me to get out and live.  The hermit inside me will just have to wait...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! You always inspire me.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! Your beautiful creations inspire ME!

      Delete