Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A gracious person

I usually read the daily horoscope in the newspaper, even though I do not believe in astrology or anything like it.  It's just a habit along with reading the comics.  Today a word in the horoscope caught my attention.  That word was gracious.  The horoscope said something about being gracious blah blah blah but I really didn't pay attention to the rest.  That word though, jumped out and got me thinking.  It's not a word that you hear very often any more. 

What do you think of when you hear the word gracious?  I think of someone who is kind, courteous, tactful, compassionate, pleasant.  Aren't those characteristics worthy of emulating?  Wouldn't the world be a better place if people treated each other graciously?  Think how pleasant our homes would be.  Think how much better our relationships with loved ones would be. 

My new goal is to be a gracious person   :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Laura. We should practice grace and graciousness Lavishing grace on others and responding to others with graciousness. Thanks for the admonition, my gracious friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell the truth Dana, you are my inspiration for gracious living

      Delete