Tuesday, May 28, 2013

One of those moments...

This afternoon I had one of those "I'm old!" moments.  I'm visiting my kids who live in Utah (which is where I went to college and then started my family) and my daughter and I went to the mall.  As we drove into the parking lot, my mind went back to the time when that mall was built...around 1970 or 1973.  I remembered it in all its newness...the first mall of the county!  But today the anchor store, Macys, looks old and worn out.  I quickly did the math in my head and realized that the mall is now 40 years old!  No wonder it looks worn out!  Hey, that means I am old!

I guess I should be happy...at least it's still standing  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, have a fun time! I love Utah. I loved it when I was young and I love it now that I am old. :)

    Blessings, Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being with my kids wherever they are!
      Thanks Dana!

      Delete