Monday, May 6, 2013

Thank you Mother Nature!

Pokey resting in the shade, keeping me company  :)
Sometimes Mother Nature blesses us with the perfect day and today was one of those days.  In the Pacific Northwest, we are used to cool, rainy temperatures for much of the year but today we had record breaking warmth and sunny, blue skies.  How could anyone stay indoors on a day like this if they didn't have to!

My cat Pokey joined me as I weeded the neglected flower beds and trimmed the lavender plants.  Have you ever spent an afternoon on a sunny day surrounded by lavender plants?  Even before blooming, they give off such a wonderful, calming fragrance.  So delightful!

There is still much to do and the rains will be coming back soon but I will treasure this beautiful day for a long time. 

2 comments:

  1. I too was outside! I love to be near the lavender. What a gift from The Lord. Pokey is an adorable part of your family. Pets lessen the bitter-sweet reality of an empty nest. Speaking of nests, does Pokey have his eye on any? The strays in our neighborhood won't stay away from our robin nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pokey is an interesting addition to our family. He showed up at our house the week after my daughter left home and made himself right at home. He had been declawed so he's no threat to the neighborhood wildlife :)
      I now understand why people get pets after their kids leave home!

      Delete