Saturday, May 18, 2013

Puzzle pieces

When my children were young, I explained to them that our family was like a puzzle and each member of the family was a puzzle piece, integral to the complete picture.  Although every piece of a puzzle is different, each is important and necessary.  When my youngest was born, our puzzle was complete...or so I thought.

I've since come to realize that the puzzle analogy is only partially complete.  As we added more members of the family through marriage and the birth of grandchildren, the puzzle became multidimensional.  It is actually a 3-D puzzle, with more depth and color and shape than the original 2 dimensional puzzle.

As with the original idea, every person adds their unique characteristics to our newly expanded 3-D puzzle.  But I don't think it will ever be complete.   It's a living, growing, changing puzzle and there's always room for the addition of more pieces.

What a beautiful picture our puzzle is turning out to be!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is! Not building castles in the air!
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true this is. You are a blessed woman. You will never have a card table large enough for all the beautiful pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard enough keeping track of all the pieces :) But, you're right Dana. I feel very blessed.

      Delete