Saturday, May 11, 2013

What a nice Mother's Day present!

The destroyer of Scotch Broom!
I had one of the best Mother's Day gifts today...my kids (who live close) and their families came over and helped me with projects around the yard!  I always love to see them and really don't expect them to do yardwork for me but it sure was nice to have extra willing hands to tackle some of the larger projects.  It used to be easy keeping two acres of property maintained with eight kids, but it takes a lot longer when it's just me.  With their help, we got an old shed torn down and got the area ready to rebuild it.  We moved some heavy barrels.  We got an area cleared with the weed-eater.  We took a trip to the dump.  The grandchildren gathered earthworms, dug in the newly tilled garden area and "helped".  Then we topped off the activity with grilled chicken sandwiches, chips and fruit.

The day was super tiring but so productive!  I love seeing my kids work, play and laugh together.  Makes my little heart happy  :)  I feel very blessed today.




2 comments:

  1. This wonderful Mother's Day present will last for at least one year; the new shed even longer :>)
    Enjoy your day.
    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather have a few hours of my kid's time than a box of chocolate any day! Although I DO like chocolate :)

      Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

      Delete