Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Out of our comfort zone

Oh what a life!
I don't know about you but I like to be comfortable.  I like routine.  I like my own little corner of the universe.  If it were up to me, I'd probably be like my cat...lazing around all day, eating, sleeping, purring and utterly content.

That may be all fine and dandy for a cat but it's not very healthy for a human  :)  We need to be challenged.  We need to be (sometimes) forced out of our comfort zone.  We need to LIVE. 

Adversity is not something we seek after but without adversity, we cannot realize our full potential.  When we are faced with trials, we learn how to become strong.  Like exercise, our bodies need to work and strain and be used constantly or we become soft and flabby.  Difficulties and challenges are the exercise for our minds and spirits...they strengthen us in ways we didn't know possible.

So, although I don't welcome challenge, I recognize that there is something I can and need to learn from it.  I don't want to be all soft and flabby!

2 comments:

  1. How timely, your post. I am in a situation that is creating unrest. I'm feeling agitated and fearful. I want to take the easy way out (run and hide). Thank you for such a great perspective. I feel encouraged.

    PS: Love your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that you are going through rough times. If you need a listening ear, I'm here for you. Take care (hugs)

      Delete