Friday, May 24, 2013

Beauty everywhere

As I write this, it's pouring rain outside and I'm all bundled up in a blanket with my purring cat Pokey (I am NOT a crazy cat lady!) on my lap.  It's hard to believe it's the end of May.  Somewhere (probably most places) it's a warm Spring evening.

My family moved to the Pacific Northwest several years ago from Arizona because of a job relocation.  We loved Arizona...the heat, the desert, the cacti, the swimming pools.  Stepping off the plane in Portland, OR was a definite culture shock!  We learned really quick we'd need a whole different wardrobe...things like coats, raincoats, rainproof shoes and boots, sweaters, hats.  The t-shirts, shorts and bathing suits weren't going to be of much use here. 

I think a rolling stone COULD gather moss here!
But we quickly learned to love the vibrant colors only a place with abundant rainfall can produce.  We fell in love with rhododendrons, giant fir trees, lakes, and even the rain.  I've never seen so many shades of green or gray!

There is beauty everywhere and it's never as apparent as during the Springtime when everything comes to life again...whether you live in the city or country, desert or mountains or rain forest.

So, I will just sit here and enjoy the soothing sound of the falling rain...


No comments:

Post a Comment