Monday, July 8, 2013

An 80th Birthday Party

My mother-in-law turned 80 on Saturday and most of the family got together to celebrate.  She's in amazing shape, both physically and mentally, and I know she was pleased to have her family with her on her birthday.

This "cake" is actually a watermelon, covered with whipped cream!
One of my sisters-in-law wanted to do something special and memorable so she asked all the adult children to send a personal picture as well as a picture of each of the grandchildren and their families.  With those pictures, she had a friend make a beautiful memory quilt to present to Mom/Grandma.  That quilt turned out amazing!

My mother-in-law's 6 children,grandchildren, and great grandchildren...I don't know how many she has but it's a lot!
It was a special day, celebrating a special lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment