Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mom to the rescue!

Oh my goodness!  It's been a week since I've written!  What a busy summer it has been so far and I still have a wedding coming up soon!  So much for the life of leisure.  Personally, that sounds like it would get boring real fast  :)
One hour after eye surgery...she can SEE!

I went to Portland, OR (a 2 hour drive) to help out one of my daughters who was having Lasik eye surgery.  Her husband couldn't get away from school the day of the procedure and I didn't want her being alone so...Mom to the Rescue! 

The surgery was extremely successful and my daughter is so delighted with the results...she can SEE!  Her husband had to practically force her to get the surgery and now she's wondering why it took her so long to do it. 

I'm just glad that I'm at a point in my life where I can be gone from home for a few days to help my married kids.  It isn't as easy for the ones who live 12-14 hours away but I try whenever I can.  Having a more flexible schedule is definitely one of the perks of being an empty nester!

No comments:

Post a Comment