Thursday, April 4, 2013

Glorious sunshine!

  My daughter in short sleeves and a sun visor!  Wow!
Driving home from Utah is a fourteen hour trip and normally it is quite dull and monotonous... although I DO like cows!  :)  This time it was different.  The sun was shining brightly, there were signs of Spring everywhere, I was listening to good upbeat music and I just felt joyous!  Because I live in the Pacific Northwest (called the Pacific Northwet for a reason!), I haven't seen the sun in MONTHS and this time of year can be especially hard because everyone is so tired of rain, grey
clouds and dreary weather that being crabby and cantankerous is almost expected.  So, it was such a treat to bask in sunshine for eight whole days.  I loved it!

I think we forget sometimes how much our environment affects our moods. Maybe we should all move to Arizona! 

Oh, by the way, I'm home now and it's cold and raining...as usual  :)

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of funny how we people are. We always miss what we can't have. You miss the dryness and the sunshine. I find that the sunshine hurts my eyes and it can give me headaches. To me the rain is a welcome treat that I hardly ever get to see. When I do, it soothes my soul and calms me! Too bad we can't swap weather periodically! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You're SO right! So, here's an idea...you come visit me to get your share of rain and I'll come visit you to get my sunshine! Deal? :)

    ReplyDelete