Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spare time?

I wonder why people think empty nesters have so much spare time on their hands.  Sure, the kids have left but most of the things I did while my kids were home, I still have to do...things like housework, laundry, budgeting, meal prep and cooking, yardwork, and dealing with numerous unexpected crises. 

When the kids were home, we split up the chores so everyone had responsibilities and the work got completed quickly.  Without them, the work still has to be done but there's only one person doing them.  Not that I mind, I don't.  But it does take a bit more time. 

It's true that I DO have extra time but not as much as some people think.  How to spend that time is something I'm still trying to figure out.  I'm just thankful that I have options.

No comments:

Post a Comment