Monday, April 29, 2013

My youngest daughter

Love you KP!
I just got back from taking my youngest daughter to the airport so she can go back to school after Spring Break.  I wish the time hadn't gone by so quickly!  Every time I see her, she seems more mature and almost an adult  :)  Ok, she's my youngest so maybe I don't see her as objectively as I should :) To her credit, she's only 20 years old but she's a Junior in college with a straight A average.  She is working her way through school and still has time for an active social life. 

On the way to the airport, she was lamenting to me how some of her older siblings still treat her like a little child.  I tried to explain that in their minds, she is still the age she was when they left home.  They haven't been an active part of her life to see her grow up and change from that little girl into a young woman.   Old habits and thoughts die hard.

Life is all about change.  Change is all about growth.  Growth is all about reaching your potential.  My youngest is well on her way to reaching her potential.  I'm so proud of her  :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! So true.
    I think you have reached your potential as a mother.
    Especially when the nest is getting empty the mother's love and wisdom are felt and revealed; motherly potential reached.
    Blessings,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete