Sunday, April 7, 2013

How do they do it?!


I was sitting with my almost 5 year old grandson while he was playing with his dad's iPhone
last night and I'm just in awe at the technological abilities of young children.  I know he's not the only little guy who is totally comfortable with technology but watching him maneuver the intricacies of a game was amazing!  The game was Pitfall and he advanced several levels, knowing when and how to slide his finger or tap his finger or tip the game to get through the different obstacles of the game.  I, on the other hand, was completely clueless.  Later, his one year old baby sister picked it up and immediately started sliding her finger across the screen.  Even SHE knows what to do!

Most of our generation learned how to use computers as adults and I don't know about you but I am still intimidated by them.  I have been known to wipe out hard drives and crash computers without even knowing how I did it!  Which is probably why I'm intimidated  :) 

I wonder if the kids in this new generation have an extra gene or something hardwired in their brains to automatically understand and be comfortable with computers and technology...maybe some kind of evolution...right before our eyes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment