Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A family recipe book

Our family recipe book

As my kids started leaving the house, they started calling me with questions about various family recipes.  After a while, I decided to compile the favorite ones into a recipe book.  I spent about three months gathering recipes, copying them and making a book for each of my children. I put each page in sheet protectors to protect them from spills.  This was my Christmas present to them that year (2011).  Since then, every year I've added a page or two to their notebooks and hope to continue doing this as I try out new recipes and as kids continue to make requests.

What has surprised me the most is how much my children are using their recipe books.  They tell me often how glad they are that I put all their favorite recipes together in one place.  

It might have taken some time putting together but was totally worth it!





2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I have a recipe book we published in preschool that I have saved as a bridal shower gift for my girls. It has many of their favorite family recipes in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that is a treasured gift! There's nothing like the comfort food from home!

      Delete