Sunday, March 17, 2013

The computer and me

I have to admit that I'm not very computer savvy.  I'm ok with the basics but beyond that, I am scared that I'm going to destroy something.  It's happened in the past.  The wrong button got pushed and I inadvertently wiped out the hard drive.  Or I uploaded (or is it downloaded?) something and the Blue Screen of Death descended upon my computer.   Somehow I wiped out three years of digital photographs.  That was a sad day!  :(

My husband hasn't been much help either.  Being a computer guy, he's constantly changing operating systems, software packages, hardware and peripherals.  That totally throws me off too.  I just finish learning one thing only to have it changed on me.  Luckily, I now have my own laptop!  And no one touches it except me!

So, knowing my history with computers, everyone in my family was surprised when I told them I was starting a blog.  "Mom? Really?"  My super awesome (and patient) son-in-law helped me set up with super easy Blogger.  And I really haven't had any problems with it over the last year and two months but I'm still afraid to make any changes without having him sit by me and watch to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

I look at other blogs with their bells and whistles and wonder, "How did they learn how to do that?"  I feel guilty asking my super awesome son-in-law to help me all the time.  But tonight I asked him how to organize posts into categories.  It only took him a few minutes to help me set it up so now I have a job to do!  This blog only has 39 posts to categorize but my other blog has 357!  I know what I'm going to be doing in my spare time! 

Thank you super awesome son-in-law! 

No comments:

Post a Comment