Thursday, March 28, 2013

Music of OUR time

Well, after a cancelled plane trip on Sunday, my husband and I decided that because our bags were already packed and he had the time off, we'd do the trip anyway...by car.  It's a 14 hour drive but it was enjoyable and the weather couldn't have been better!  Our children were overjoyed that we coming after all.

Before driving off, my husband threw in his CD case so we'd have music to listen to.  His taste in music is very eclectic to say the least.  It ranges from classical instrumental to heavy metal of the 60's to Disney soundtracks to Michael Buble.  In a mood for the nostalgic music of the 70's, we passed the time being serenaded by The Carpenters, Moody Blues, Bread, Simon and Garfunkel, Fleetwood Mac and Doobie Brothers.  I haven't heard most of those groups in AGES but found myself remembering the words and singing along.  Weird!  Isn't it funny what our brains remember?  The memories came flooding back of the early days of our courtship and marriage.

My children might roll their eyes at our "oldie" music but they don't have the memories associated with it that I do.  They have their own special songs and memories based on THEIR time.  I'm only glad I don't get all nostalgic over rap!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment