Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Love my grandkids!

When my grandson was 2 (he's almost 5 now), he got really upset when his mom and dad would leave him with me so they could go on a date or run errands.  After the first couple of minutes, he'd be fine but he'd sure get upset.  So we devised a way for him to give his parents a happy going-away...he and I would run to the front window and wave good bye to Mommy and Daddy while they drove off.  They would wave back and for some reason, that was enough for him to let go and be happy.

This little ritual has become a tradition with him and then his little sisters and now he's come up with a new one.  Now, when Grumpy and I leave HIS house, all three little kids line up at the window and wave good bye to US!  We wave good bye back and watch them from the car window as we drive off.

Melts my heart just a little  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment