Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fun on a dreary March day

Me with my super talented nephew the artist and author
I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a few days.  I had an opportunity to take a crash course in Cultural Anthropology the last two days and it's been late nights and early mornings.  What I did was help out with the 2013 Emerald City Comic-Convention, held in Seattle, WA and it was quite a lesson in diversity and pop culture.  I had the time of my life!  I love people watching anyway and I don't think I've ever seen such a diverse crowd all in one place.  From tiny babies strapped to their mommies in front packs to elderly people with walkers, 40,000+ people gathered in the convention center to enjoy the world of comic book art, fantasy art and types of art I don't have a clue what kind it was  :)  Many people dressed as their favorite comic book character while others were characters themselves in their unique choice of clothing  :) which I'll leave to your imagination.

 After spending two days interacting with and watching people, it's a good feeling to know that for all the differences we have with age and lifestyle, we are more alike than different.
I thought these guys had really awesome costumes!
So cute in her costume!
Rapunzel was very popular with the little girls  :)
A surprising number of kids were interested in being artists





No comments:

Post a Comment