Friday, March 8, 2013

I love libraries!

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved libraries.   I love wandering up and down the aisles, picking up titles that sound interesting and bringing them all home where I curl up with a blanket and a warm fire and immerse myself in my treasures.  Even though I can get information on any subject from the internet, there is nothing like being able to hold a book in my hand, flip through the pages, and read it wherever I want.  It's even better that it doesn't cost anything (unless I get overdue notices!).

Today I checked out books on making smoothies, needle felting, gardening and cast iron cooking.  Our library also has free magazines that people share so I picked up some Martha Stewart Living magazines at the same time.  How's that for eclectic?  Oh, what an enjoyable evening!


2 comments:

  1. I attended a class on needle felting two weeks ago and oh my, how I enjoyed that! Made that lovely framed felt 'painting' I showed on my blog.
    You'll love needle felting too, I am sure.
    Wishing you a blessed weekend,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that! So cute! Now all I have to do is find a local source for the wool roving :)

    ReplyDelete