Sunday, March 24, 2013

Disappointments

One thing in life is certain...there will be disappointments.  Some we can do something about and others are beyond our control.  I find that when something is beyond my control, the best thing I can do is accept it and not let it get me down.  Sure, I'm disappointed but there's nothing I can do about it.

Today I was supposed to fly to Utah to visit three of my children but for reasons beyond my control,  the trip had to be cancelled.  I'm disappointed but it does no good to get mad or depressed or make others feel bad.  I will just assume there was a reason why the trip couldn't go on as planned and accept that.

That's life...

4 comments:

  1. With Francis of Assisi I pray, almost daily:
    God, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    Sending blessings,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am learning to accept things.. and learning and accepting are not easy! Guess God's plans are better than ours..He's smarter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! We should just trust God in the first place...He knows what's best for us :)

      Delete