Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring is coming!

When I woke up this morning, the sun was shining in my window.  You wouldn't think that was so special but Seattle is usually pretty wet and dreary in March so it was like a glimpse of the coming Spring.  What a wonderful thought...Spring with all its beauty and color...and warm weather!  No more sweaters, heavy coats and gloves!  I went outside and looked closely for signs of Spring and they are everywhere!  Daffodil shoots have emerged.  Buds are forming on the lilac bushes and blueberry plants.  Even the weeds are getting a head start but I'll soon put a stop to them!

I am going to take advantage of every sunny (or at least non-rainy) day and start pruning trees, pulling those weeds, planting spring bulbs and flowers and planning the vegetable garden.  If I were really on top of things, I'd start planting seeds indoors but I don't think that'll happen...not enough space for them!

Can't wait for the weather to warm up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment