Sunday, February 3, 2013

Age is Relative

I was visiting with a friend who is celebrating her 76th birthday this week.  She commented to me that she doesn't feel 76.  I asked her how old she felt and she responded that she felt about 40.  I told her that I felt like I was about 30.  (I wonder what my 36 year old daughter would think about that!) 

How true that age is relative!  There are women who are ageless...just as much fun in their 70's as someone in their 30's.  And conversely, there are women who look and act far older than their years.  I realize that if I am going to age gracefully, I better start paying more attention to exercise and eating healthy now.  Yuck.  And maybe work on my attitude while I'm at it.  :)


5 comments:

  1. I like your blog! Quite inspirational. I am going to follow you, put you on my bloglist.
    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I welcome any insights you might have too! This is a new adventure for me :)

      Delete
  2. Your 36 year old daughter usually feels like she is 18 or so. You are one of my very best, closest friends, so 30 sounds about right!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Funny how as my kids get older, the age gap narrows. I think I like that :)

      Oh, and I think of you as one of my best and closest friends too!

      Delete