Saturday, February 23, 2013

Turning 55

I wasn't looking forward to turning 55 because that meant the dreaded word "senior".  Senior meant old.  I wasn't old.  I didn't have white hair, sensible shoes or too many wrinkles.  How could a person's identity be determined by an age?

But, because it's impossible to stop time, I turned 55 and I didn't feel any different.  Whew!  And I learned that some of my favorite restaurants and stores gave a senior discount to those age 55 and older.  Hey!  That's me!  This might not be so bad after all.

The next time I went to one of those restaurants, I proudly proclaimed to the cashier that I was a senior and got a discount.  :)  She laughed and so did I.  Might as well laugh and make the most of it  :)

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite rhymes finishes with these words:
    .... Count your age by friends, not years!

    Do you know it?
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of it but I'll look it up! I like the sound of it!

      Delete