Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Using time wisely

I think the biggest challenge I have in this new stage of life is using my time wisely.  When I was a full-time mom, I had a reason to get up early, fix meals at regular times and pretty much stuck to a schedule.  My life may have been predictable but it was what I was used to.

The first week after my daughter left for college, I found myself going to bed later and later and getting up later and later.  By the time I got started, the day was half over.  Not a good way to start a day!  I started getting lazy with meal prep...after all, with only my husband and myself, we could go out to eat more often.  It sounds so ideal when you have a houseful of demanding children but it gets old real quick!  I'd go to bed and feel disgusted with myself for not getting much done that day.

It's interesting to see how somebody spends their time when they have no deadlines to meet or obligations to consider.  I decided that I didn't want to waste away my days so I'm now trying to get back to a more human lifestyle.  I still have a problem with staying up too late but I'm setting my alarm now so I don't sleep in and I'm setting goals for myself to complete each day. 

I finally have the time to do all the wonderful things I dreamed about when I had children at home so I guess I better get started...




No comments:

Post a Comment