Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The power drill and me

One thing I am going to learn how to do (with my copious spare time) is learn how to fix things around the house.  My husband is a good man but his interests are more with the classes he teaches and I don't think he even notices when anything is in need of fixing.

So, today I decided to do something myself.  I have a necklace rack and a shelf that have needed to be hung on a wall for about a month.  Both required anchors for drilling into the drywall and I didn't want to do the projects wrong so I have waited...until today. 

I got out the power drill and figured out how to change the drill bits (no easy matter!).  I found the anchors, the level and screws.  I read how to install the anchors.  And within half an hour, both the necklace rack and the shelf were hanging on their walls, sturdy and not crooked. 

Why did I wait so long?!  This was fun and very satisfying!  I am already scheming about my next project  :)


2 comments:

  1. Bravo!
    Keep up this great work, handy woman!
    Your husband and children will be filled with pride and contentment (and a kind of relief, I guess...)!

    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete