Friday, February 1, 2013

Why this blog?

After raising eight children for the last 37 years, the last one went off to college, leaving me with the dubious title of "Empty-Nester".  I'm not sure I like the new job description.  It's too...vague.  As a stay-at-home mom, I knew what my responsibilities were and what I was supposed to do.  As an empty-nester, I have so many options...go back to school, go back to work, take up a hobby, volunteer, get fat and lazy and do nothing :)

My hopes for this blog are that by writing about my observations and the experiences I'm going through as I transition from full time mommy to empty-nester, maybe I'll find the answer to the question "What's next?" and maybe someone else can share what they've learned as they entered this new stage of life.

It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment