Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Daddy duty

The other day my son called and asked if he could come over and visit with his two little boys.  His wife was spending the day with a friend and so he was doing Daddy duty for the day.  When he came in the door, he had a diaper bag over each shoulder, the baby in one arm and the three year old holding his other hand.  It was quite a sight!  I'd say adorable, but he'd be embarrassed.  :)

I asked if they wanted lunch but he'd already taken them out to eat.  He'd taken them shopping and errand running all by himself.  As the visit continued, I watched as he gently and firmly steered the baby away from danger (the cat), played with his other son, changed diapers, and all with the ease of a pro.  I was impressed. 

Some time when I wasn't looking, an easily flustered young boy turned into a responsible young man with his own family.  What more could a Mom want?

No comments:

Post a Comment