Saturday, February 2, 2013

Style

Am I the only one or is it harder to find your style after you've reached your 50's?  I don't want to look too young but I definitely don't want to look old either!  Magazines don't help...most are targeted to the 20-40 age market and the one I found that is for the over 40 woman, (More) seems to focus on women who are just barely over 40.  Sure, there are some older women highlighted but when they show fashion layouts, the magazine again appears to favor younger models.  The mall stores cater to younger women too.  Stores like Christopher and Banks, Coldwater Creek and Chicos are supposedly geared to women in the middle age range but they seem too old too.  Very frustrating!

I stick to classics like sweaters, jeans, simply tailored skirts and shirts but sometimes I wish I could wear something a little more...trendy without feeling incredibly self-conscious about it.

Any suggestions for finding that right balance?

2 comments:

  1. oh yes I hear you. I check with my kids to see how I look. I have no desire to look like I am competing with a teen! but then really do not want to look like I retired 20 yrs ago either....still searching for the right balance too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! I take my girls shopping with me so I don't buy anything too "old". Thanks Annmarie for understanding!

    ReplyDelete