Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"What do you do all day?"

What do you do all day?  That's the question I'm often asked and the question that's so hard to answer.  When I'm asked it, I immediately feel defensive.  No one asked me that when I had children at home.  Even without children, there's still a house to clean, laundry to do, bills to pay and a budget to maintain, ongoing organization and decluttering projects, meals to prepare, food and household shopping to complete, children and grandchildren who fairly often need my attention and a husband who likes me to be around when he is.  Somehow, that doesn't seem like very much (of course, my standard answer is, "Oh, I just keep busy doing the usual") but these things DO take time. 

I recognize that I am fortunate to be able to be home to take care of those necessary things and still have time to work on more interesting projects like blogs, gardening, photography, family history, sewing and home improvement. 

Life is busy.  Life is full.  I am blessed.








4 comments:

  1. (Your) life is beautiful! And I feel blessed I can say "Mine too".
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your beautiful quilts are inspiring me to explore the world of quilting too :) Where does a beginner start?

      Delete
  2. I think that this is a time of well-earned exploration for you. Forgive me if I give too much information, but not only were you my Mother, and a wife and housewife, but you homeschooled a large number of kids. The time that is so precious to me because my kids are at school didn't happen for you. You have earned the right (many times over) to explore and enjoy life! There is no need to feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne. I loved every minute of my time with you kids...well, almost every minute :) and I'm so proud of you all as grown-ups.

      Delete