Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Once a mom, always a mom.

Once a mom, always a mom.  It doesn't matter how old your children are, you are still their mother and they still need you.  That was never so clear as the day last week when three of my children called me with personal crises that they wanted my advice on.  Actually, I think what they wanted was a listening ear while they figured things out on their own.  They are intelligent young adults and I know they'll do the right thing when faced with problems and frustrations so my part is is mainly to listen and commensurate with their plight.  And having lived 50 + years, I usually can understand what they are going through.

I'm so glad I can be available to them when they need me, no matter when, no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly what happened to me (again) last week with one of my four adult children.
    I totally agree with you on "Once a mom, always a mom", whilst I told my children as I raised them, that becoming a mom is a blessing, but really being a mom is fulfilling this blessing; fulfillment that is the most important 'thing' in my and their lives, till death do us part.
    I feel blessed I am still here and that my children know they can come to me, any moment.
    Sending blessings from The Netherlands,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good feeling to be needed, isn't it? And what you say is so true that being a mom is the fulfillment of the greatest blessing.

      I really appreciate your insights. Thank you!

      Delete